My 4k is great... for me to poop on! (and other stuff)<long>

It was coming one day, and yesterday was that day.

Second gear turned my gear oil into cambells chunky soup. Talk=
 about nasty sounding! Funny thing, I was cruising at 1500 rpm,=
 floored it in second gear and BAM-crunch-crunch-crunch. Oh=
 well...

I swapped it out today after church with the AGB that came off=
 the black 16v I have now. It works great, although it (and me)=
 needs a bath. The 4k had bad synchro's for 3rd and 4th anyway,=
 and I had been meaning to swap it out for months now.

My clutch is acting strange now, though. I swapped in the old 16v=
 clutch disk as well, since the 4k took an 8v disk. It looked=
 fine (worn less than the 8v disk from the 4k). But I had to=
 adjust the clutch cable out almsot to it's limit, and I still=
 have very little clutch pedal action. I'm thinking maybe the=
 throw-out bearing? Someone chime in here please.

All in all, I'm happy. My nifty "big" block pulls the 3.67 just=
 fine. In fact, it feels a bit faster once in the power-band=
 since I'm not wasitng as much time shifting as i was before.

In other news:
Yesterday prior to the fragmentation, I swapped in a properly=
 inserted passenger side mount with a poly insert. The previous=
 part was installed backwards, which caused the front poly mount=
 to not even sit in the cup! All is now well, and the whole car=
 now vibrates with the rythm of the engine. Glad it's balanced, I=
 couldn't imagine if it was just stock!

Oh, I rebuilt my shift linkage as well. Finding proper gears is=
 fun! Now it's time to cut that shift lever down...

Next up, gas tank R&R and a bit o' cleaning.

Joshua