Euro bumper woes

It is a whole lot easier to cover up on a 16V than on a 8V.... My 8V had
plates welded over those huge holes... lots of work = lots of money!

If you have a 16V body kit you can replace the front and rear valance with
ones from Europe and nones the wiser. I have pics of this but they are not
up anywhere... computer took a dump and I've been busy.

The slot on the front valance is not as noticeable as the rear but if you
are going to do it you might as well go all the way. A side note here is
that just about every, well every, front valance from Germany will have 4
holes drilled in it to attach the front license plate bracket. If you want
to remove this bracket you will need to do a bit of plastic work since
first the holes need to be filled in and second the area around where these
holes were will be noticeably warped. Since the valance can be removed
kinda easily, kinda, I have 2 for my car. One I left the bracket on so if I
want to use a Euro plate I can and the other I spent hours reworking to
remove the holes and de-warp.

-Raffi