  From: J. Jones=20
  To: scirocco-l@scirocco.org ; coolj30@hotmail.com=20
  Sent: Saturday, March 15, 2003 10:20 PM
  Subject: (Temperature Sender Wire? PLEASE HELP ME!!!!)

  Does anyone know what wire goes onto the temperature sender that is in =
the head?
  I have an 87 16v Scirocco and the temperature gauge does not work and =
the reason being that the sender is not hooked to anything. Does anyones =
know what type of wire it is to be hooked to or if i could just run a =
new wire off it,but if i run a new wire where should i run it to? There =
are a couple of wires with plastic terminals that are not hooked to =
anything about a foot away from it toward the driver side of the car =
could one of them be it??? I have no idea what they are for. Can I run a =
wire off the sender right into the back of the gauge cluster. Any help =
would be great, cause the water pump went bad then it overheated, blew =
the head gasket, and warped the head beyond repair, had to get a head =
off a jetta in a junkyard, I have put $250 into fixin all this and I =
really dont care to overheat it ever again so I am not going to drive it =
until the gauge works! Thankx!

  !=20

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>check head for connectors, they are =
color coded.=20
one is tan, other is brown. should be matching plugs floating around =
perhaps on=20
top of the tranny somewhere.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Al</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE=20
  <DIV=20
black"><B>From:</B>=20
  <A title=3Dcoolj30@hotmail.com href=3D"mailto:coolj30@hotmail.com";>J. =
Jones</A>=20
  </DIV>
title=3Dscirocco-l@scirocco.org=20
  href=3D"mailto:scirocco-l@scirocco.org";>scirocco-l@scirocco.org</A> ; =
<A=20
  title=3Dcoolj30@hotmail.com=20
  href=3D"mailto:coolj30@hotmail.com";>coolj30@hotmail.com</A> </DIV>
  <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Sent:</B> Saturday, March 15, 2003 =
10:20=20
  PM</DIV>
  <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Subject:</B> (Temperature Sender =
Wire? PLEASE=20
  HELP ME!!!!)</DIV>
  <DIV><BR></DIV>
  <DIV>
  <DIV>
  <P>Does anyone know what wire goes onto the temperature sender that is =
in the=20
  head?<BR>I have an 87 16v Scirocco and the temperature gauge does not =
work and=20
  the reason being that the sender is not hooked to anything. Does =
anyones know=20
  what type of wire it is to be hooked to or if i could just run a new =
wire off=20
  it,but if i run a new wire where should i run it to? There are a =
couple of=20
  wires with plastic terminals that&nbsp;are not hooked to anything =
about a foot=20
  away from it toward the driver side of the car could one of them be =
it??? I=20
  have no idea what they are for. Can I run a wire off the sender right =
into the=20
  back of the gauge cluster. Any help would be great, cause the water =
pump went=20
  bad then it overheated, blew the head gasket, and warped the head =
beyond=20
  repair, had to get a head off a jetta in a junkyard, I have put $250 =
into=20
  fixin all this and I really dont care to overheat it ever again so I =
am not=20
  going to drive it until the gauge works! Thankx!<BR><BR></P></DIV>! =
</DIV><BR=20
  clear=3Dall>
  <HR>
  The new <A href=3D"http://g.msn.com/8HMKENUS/2737";>MSN 8:</A> smart =