... 2L.... and other things

Well with a fourth beautiful day at hand (over 70'F) I decided it was time
to get the 2L assembled. get all the baggies out layout the manuals (Haynes
is MUCH better than the Bentley for rebuilding an engine BTW....then I hit a
snag.... which chamber does piston #1 I labeled the bag goes ? I mean, where
did it go in the block....the damn mark I placed on the block during
disassembly is gone!.... (panic ensues.. followed by frustration... then
beers)

To calm my nerves I start  on the other "to do" items I have to get done
anyways, in hopes my brain will remember where to place the pistons into the
block, so I sanded and repainted my rear euro bumper, cleaned and painted my
4-2-1, installed the G-Grind into the head, and did a rather nifty paint job
on my Intermediate and Camshaft pulley's..

a few hours later... still no clue which piston goes to where... depressed,
I review my disassembly pictures (gawd knows this tech note is going to be
huge) and... well... maybe... enlarge picture... WHY YES! there is my mark
on the engine.... jump to joy, eat something, all excited head to the
garage...

11.30 at night I finally put in the last bolt on the oil pan... the block is
assembled.

moral... always take pictures, ya never know when they will save your
arse...