Nate's '84 for sale, with details!! Longish, 'n stuff.

Okay, so I pulled the Cardinal Sin of listers, I posted a For Sale post
with no details.
The car is an '84, located in Beloit, WI.
I've had the car since November '99.  I bought it from a guy that said
he has done head work on it, and 2 months later the motor blew.  Took it
to the local VW good guys, and they put in a used but nice replacement
JH.  That one lasted about 3 months, until the oil cooler seal blew on
the interstate and I trashed another motor.  I've since installed
another one (thanks Jasin!!), and it ran like a champ.  Then the clutch
pressure plate blew up, so I replaced the clutch, but I swapped in a
different pressure plate with the old clutch disk, and it didn't work.
 For some reason, when I hooked up the battery last time, I got sparks
from the battery, the reason is stil puzzling me.  So, I need to swap in
another clutch (I have one, I just need to put it in) and do some tests
to find out why I got sparks.  And no, I didn't connect the battery
backwards!
As for the car, the chassis has about 135k, the motor is supposed to
have about 40-50k.  When I was running it, it ran very good.  Burned no
oil, etc.  Mods are minimal:  Autotech cam and Neuspeed cam gear (which
I'm planning on keeping for the '81), VW 4-2-1 exhaust upgrade and TT
exhaust (all brand new, including the cat), Pioneer CD player (I plan on
keeping that, too).  The motor has a new rear main seal, new tranny
output flange seals, Redline tranny lube, new oil cooler seal.
The interior is really nice, with the good seats (cloth, big bolsters),
the passengers seat has a hole about the size of a quarter in the
backrest where a brick hit it, after the brick hit my window.  My radar
detector got heisted a couple years ago.  The dash has some cracks but
still in good shape.  I did a 3 gauge install (oil pressure, volts and
oil temp), so there's no ashtray.
There is some rust on the fenders and here and there, but it's mostly
surface with some a little deeper.  I have a white passengers side
fender, door and 16v rear hatch  (big wing and CHMSL) that goes with the
car.  I also have BOXES of stuff, but I'll have to sort through them and
see what I can scavange for the '81.  I have the stock wheels, along
with the Enkei's.
It's a good car, but I think I wasn't meant to have it.  I've dumped
probably $4000 into it just to keep it running (a LOT of that on towing
fees), and I just want to get out from undernneath it.  I really like
it, but I'm just fed up with it.  Plus, I have my new toy.
Like I said, I'm looking to get $1000 for it, but I will entertain any
realistic offers (try me!).
I can take more pics of need be, let me know!

Thanks for listening,
Nate
'81
'84 (For sale, duh.)
'87 QSW Picked it up today!!  Whoo hoooooo!!!!!!

--
"It is far better to be well fed, moderately wealthy, in good health, abundantly cheerful, victorious and well regarded than poor, sick, sad, defeated and obscure"
    -Poor Richard