[Fwd: 1987 Scirocco 16v w/ 2.1litre For sale in San Diego]

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 1987 Scirocco 16v w/ 2.1litre For sale in San Diego
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2003 05:49:45 GMT
From: Ken Weidmann <glxtasy@juno.com>
To: kcollins1@socal.rr.com, davidy@cox.net
CC: davidy@dsdinc.com

Kevin,
   Can you forward this to the list for me.  They have Juno blocked (too
much spam I guess) and I can't ever get anything posted.

Dave is a good friend of mine in San Diego.  He used to work as a stereo
installer and so his car has all sorts of electronic goodies, including
I believe he was able to get 6 inch speakers in the door pockets.  The
2.1 litre has been in the car for probably 2 1/2 years, but has less
than 10k on it since the car has been sitting for 6 months or so and was
down because of the fuel pump for about 3-4 months a year or so ago.

       The car was super clean the last time I saw it, but apparently
has some body damage from apartment parking lot living.  Dave can
confirm the mileage and anything else that there are questions
regarding.  He has owned the car since at least 1990 (when I met him)
and has owned several other Sciroccos. He bought it with a salvaged
title because there was some front end damage when he bought it (and
being a relatively new car, the insurance company had totaled it for
relatively minor damage).

   I have included Dave's contact e-mails and phone numbers, or if
anyone wants to contact me, I'd be more than happy to pass it on.

   He is moving into a new house the end of May and is having a baby
around that time too, so he doesn't have the time to devote to keeping
the car up and running and wants it to go to an enthusiast.  He is
looking for $2000 and I know that he has way more than that invested
into just the 2.1
   thanks