#2 spark plug hole screwed

<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>Burn up? We're not talking about the shuttle here kids! I dunno if there is a recomended procedure for plug threading with the head in place but I would think that leaving bits of metal in ones combustion chamber is simply asking for disaster.
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>Pulling the head is realy not that big of a deal, head gasgets are cheaper than new overbore pistons.
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<P>Anson </P>
<P>&nbsp;</P>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>Metal shavings into the combustion chamber isn't near as bad as in the block
<DIV></DIV>with the oil. I wouldn't worry too much about the shavings in the
<DIV></DIV>combustion chamber since the first rotation of the motor they will shoot out
<DIV></DIV>the exhaust anyway or burn up. I'm not saying it OK to do it but a cylinder
<DIV></DIV>needs a spark plug!!
<DIV></DIV>As far as getting the threader in the plug hole, I would just pull the valve
<DIV></DIV>cover and see if that helps. You can always grind down a socket, it'll
<DIV></DIV>defineately be worth it in the long run!
<DIV></DIV>Dave
<DIV></DIV>----- Original Message -----
<DIV></DIV>From:
<DIV></DIV>To: ;
<DIV></DIV>Sent: Tuesday, March 11, 2003 4:31 PM
<DIV></DIV>Subject: Re: #2 spark plug hole screwed
<DIV></DIV>&gt; In a message dated 3/11/2003 7:27:46 PM Eastern Standard Time,