making an 8v just a tad peppier question

1. Assuming you have that 4-1 "toilet bowl" manifold, ditch it and get a 4-2 w/ double downpipe,
like TT.  I did this on a Digifant Cabby and it made a nice difference.  WTH replace the whole
exhaust.

2. Advance timing as far as you can without pinging.

--- calimus <calimus@techography.net> wrote:
> Wife has an 89 cabbie and really doesn't like having to hang way back when
> she's taling my rocco.  So i'm looking for some ideas on how to make the 8v
> in her cabbie just a bit peppier.  Not looking for complete engine rebuilt
> type info, I'd love to do that, but not for something she mainly uses to
> cruise around town in.  Just want some ideas for when she's running with the
> rocco's that will allow her to keep up a bit better wihtout straining the
> engine too much.  The cabbie is running a 8v hydro enigine so those great
> solid lifter cams are outta the question too, bummer.

  the other thing that i added to my 8v which made a big difference (at least in the feel of the pedal) was replacing the 8v throttlr body with one from a 5 cyl audi. would be better if the manifold were matched to it, but there's a difference to be had. will have to play with the bracket for the throttle cable, though.

--
 /\_/\    Foxx (in a box)
< o o >   http://foxx.tripod.com

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com