Front crossmember stress bar

If everyone's main argument is that the bars we've seen here will shift back
and forth under cornering loads and submit the crossmember to yet more
cracks, wouldn't the great Ron Woods bar suffer from the same problem since
it welds up to the frame rails below and a little to the rear of the bumper
bolts which is where all these other bars bolt up?  Maybe I need to look at
the pictures again to clarify how it was mounted, but it seems to me the
problem would be the same.

Tom in Tucson
88 16 V Scirocco  80 Scirocco S  80 Scirocco  79 Scirocco  76 Scirocco FSP
Project
 The Slowest, Rustiest, Crappiest and worst looking scirocco(s) in all of
Tucson!