Nerdish side hobbies, Was: Re: Slightly OT

I still have my AT&T PC 6300 (actually made by Olivetti in Italy) with
it's super-duper 8086 CPU (not the wimpy 8088). It has a full 640 KB
of RAM, dual 360 KB floppy drives, CGA video, *AND* a 20 MB "hard
card" hard drive that I have MS-DOS v. 5.0 and WordPerfect v. 5.1
installed on.

Back when I first started college I sold XTs (IBMs, Zeniths, and
AT&Ts) that I would recondition from dumpster diving. I charged $100
for an XT with hard drive full of software, a 9 pin dot matrix
printer, and a 7 day warranty! "Cheaper then a Typewriter" was my
gimmick, and it worked, I must have sold 30 of them in less then a
year.

-Marc

'87 Tornado Red 16v Bogged Scirocco @ 235K miles
http://getty.net/scirocco/=20
'02 Mercedes-Benz C230 Kompressor Sports Coupe -
http://getty.net/c230k/
    in Heliodongr=FCn (Citron Green) took European Delivery in May 2002,
    state-side delivery on July 19, 2002, currently at 20,300 miles
=20