[RE: Is it worth it to have a spring compressor?]

It's on the "tools you can borrow for free" list from Canadian Tire, so w=
just borrow one. How's that for cheapass? My kid changes springs more tha=
n his
underwear, though not at the moment, the car's in "dormancy".

Cathy

"ATS - Patrick Bureau" <txrocco@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
I have that puppy, it weight at least 20lbs btw and is virtually
indestructible
it is a little awkward to use (its really BIG)and with h&R Sports it was =
bit of figuring out the springs slipping into the hooks, but once I figur=
ed
it out, it works flawlessly, I boutgh it because a) sale price b) I have
trucks that will need springs changed.

=3D>-----Original Message-----
=3D>From: scirocco-l-admin@scirocco.org
=3D>[mailto:scirocco-l-admin@scirocco.org]On Behalf Of Rick Alexander
=3D>Sent: Monday, March 03, 2003 9:59 PM
=3D>To: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
=3D>Subject: Re: Is it worth it to have a spring compressor?
=3D>
=3D>
=3D>I'll second that! The only thing with the cheap ass (tm) variety is t=
here
=3D>are more parts to loose and to keep in order to do the job.
=3D>
=3D>I like that expensive one though.
=3D>
=3D>Rick Alexander
=3D>
=3D>----- Original Message -----
=3D>From: "Ron Pieper" <rapieper@yahoo.com>
=3D>To: "Jeff Toomasson" <jtoomasson@yahoo.com>; <scirocco-l@scirocco.org=

=3D>Sent: Monday, March 03, 2003 10:48 PM
=3D>Subject: Re: Is it worth it to have a spring compressor?
=3D>
=3D>
=3D>> --- Jeff Toomasson <jtoomasson@yahoo.com> wrote:
=3D>> > I'm realistically going to do at least 3 strut/spring/bushing cha=
nges
=3D>within the next 1-2 years.
=3D>> > Did a random search at Harbor Freight and found that they have on=
e on
=3D>sale. Should I grab one?
=3D>> > Would it be something I could unload if I needed to? I guess it c=
ould
=3D>become "list property"
=3D>> > like Randy's hoist that's still sitting in my garage...  :-\
=3D>> >
=3D>> > http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/Displayitem.taf?itemnumber=3D=
43753
=3D>>
=3D>> YES, it's worth it, BUT I've been using and lending the
=3D>cheapass kind for
=3D>20+ years and countless
=3D>> springs with nary a problem...
=3D>>
=3D>> http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/Displayitem.taf?itemnumber=3D=
3980
=3D>>
=3D>> Save your shekels...
=3D>>
=3D>> __________________________________________________
=3D>> Do you Yahoo!?
=3D>> Yahoo! Tax Center - forms, calculators, tips, more
=3D>> http://taxes.yahoo.com/
=3D>>
=3D>> Scirocco-l mailing list
=3D>> Scirocco-l@scirocco.org