MKI in Sunnyvale, CA - details

Ok, today I went and looked at the MKI - 81S.

Details - first thing, it needed a new cap and rotor before it would even
start *ugh* the pin was so worn it wasn't a pin anymore, it was just a flat
spot.

Crack in the windshield.
Driver side fender replaced or fixed, fender to door gap too small so the
door rubs and there's rust where the paint has been worn away.
Driver side door handle not attached to opening mechanism.
Driver door window has scratches from the worn window seal. The seals are
all beyond dry!
Driver door is saging, or possibly missaligned due to being hit.
Pipe to muffler connection is wearing out.
Driver side taillight is no 100% alligned, signs of it being hit in that
area.
Some rust in the trunk on the bumper bolts and on the floor .. seems to stem
from a pubble in that place.
Shocks and struts worn.
Rust under the passenger side door handle, just surface at the moment.
Clunking from the right front wheel area.
AC deleted, but improper use of the belt, waterpump pulley wasn't shimmed to
align with the other pulleys.
Needs a tuneup.
Tires in serious need of replacement.
Paint is fading and not original in all spots.
Missing the S spoiler.
Drives straight and brakes straight.
Needs new shifter bushings.
Clutch is decent.
Motor is very peppy and was rebuilt at some point.
A little knocking once in a while, could be a lifter or the AC bracket which
was left in place and not securely bolted down.
Minor dings, no major ones and no dents.
Some sort of stereo consiting of a CD player, some Inifity speakers and a
bass tube.
He'll throw in a Bentley (it's an earlier one, and for the life of me I
couldn't find the damn plug wire order diagram in there!)

His asking price was $1000, he had told Jeff he'd let it go for $800, but I
think even less should be invested in the car. He's already got a new car
and wants to get rid of it, he has no time and money for two cars and said
himself that he couldn't properly maintain it at the moment because of other
obligations .. wants to sell to an enthusiast but is hung up on the price
and I'm not sure how much more he'll let himself get talked down.

Opinions?