E-Brake.

I've always had problems with mine, mainly starting when the little tab that keeps the cab;es from sliding off the handle broke.  And, until recently, I never knew you only had to go 2 clicks before it was set well.  I tend to pull till it's at a 45 degree angle.  But, now that I know that, I won't be making that mistake anymore.  To my point:

I recently applied the brake and the cables slipped off again, which isn't much of an issue.  The big issue this time, is that I seem to have completely messed up the handle.  It has slipped off the gear(?) thing that locks it and the button is out of whack, can't push it in.  So I looked in my bently and to be honest, there's not much there to help me.  It tells you how to adjust it, but not how to put the whole thing back together.  Anyone got some tech on this or actual pics that I could look at?  The explode view in the manual leaves a lot to the imagination, and personally, I only like that feature in women's clothes.  ;)

OT: I remember people questioning the reliability of they guy selling the 2.0 motor on eBay as he had 2% neg feedback.  Well, I got my steering wheel from him and it looks great.  Can't wait to put it on.  It's a near mint one from an '87 Passat.  Same size as mine and looks just like it, cept for a couple of minor changes in the look and it's in better condition.  Feels nice, too.  It showed up quickly and was just as advertised.

Mike

word (wûrd)
interj. Slang. Used to express approval or an affirmative response to something. Sometimes used with up. Source