audi 11a block??

  we pulled the 2l out of the passat this weekend to start to get it ready for the rocco when i noticed the engine code stamped on the block was 11a. then we i went to the back of the motor there's a big 2.0 stamped in with audi rings right alongside. i thought all passats were 9a blocks, and if so whats a audi 11a block doing in a passat that has never had a new motor put into it? can i still use the 11a block to build a 2l 16v for the rocco?
   tia
     tom

Free email, forums and features for events, clubs and cars. Show Pride in Your Ride with a yourname@vwmail.net address from http://www.vwmail.net