Who's project is in pieces"

> Hmmm....Using a Probe intercooler on my nephew's
> turbo installation. It's
> mounted in front of the radiator and we'll do some
> testing to see what the
> efficiency is over the next few weeks.

I think the Probe IC is relatively efficient, but I
couldn't mount it in front of the radiator because the
supercharger doesn't let me angle/move the radiator
back enough to get the IC in there.

The only other issue with the Probe IC is that the
inlet/outlet pipes are only 1.75". Pretty small. I had
to build some reducers in the boost tubes to match it.
Otherwise, it seems to be a pretty good design.

> I checked out PWR's site, but
> didn't see any flow or
> efficiency data. Do they supply any data if you buy
> one of their units??

I didn't get any with mine. I actually got it from a
dealer who was selling some units on eBay for a good
bit less than retail.

I still haven't heard much hard data anywhere, but the
"word on the street" is that they're pretty good
because of the straight-through tube design. I looked
at one before I bought mine, and they appear to be
very well made, with a nice extruded internal fin
design that looks like it maximizes surface area well
without restricting flow much. PWR does have a VERY
good reputation, so I was pretty sure it wouldn't be
complete crap. I figure that even if it isn't as
efficient as a Spearco, it's probably pretty damn
close.

The design sure does make mounting easy! My new boost
tubes are down to about 18" total except for the IC
itself, and the whole thing fits nicely over the
transmission. Just a 90-degree bend at each end, and
enough of a leg on the bottom one to reach the
charger. Very clean! If only my welds were as pretty
as PWR's. :(

Neal