Who's project is in pieces"

The '87 16V is now covered and parked again waiting for it's 2.0
transplant... the 1.8's strange engine vibration has snapped yet another
alternator bolt, Aaauuurrrggghhh.

The 9A was rebuilt about 3K ago and is getting a complete going thru... I
have removed almost every part/nut/bolt/stud and replaced them, the head
which will stay on until I P&P my old head. I've replaced all the exhaust
studs, tensioner stud, timing belt, tensioner, waterpump (new pump and
housing), new alternator (120Amp Audi S4), new AC compressor (Sanden
SD-508), intake is port matched and has been sanded to a 'brushed' finish,
exhaust manifold was sandblasted and ceramic coated, valve cover, breather,
oil flange, water flanges, valve cover, etc are also refinished in a cast
aluminum ceramic. New 2.0 pressure plate will go on with the existing
lightened flywheel and clutch disk which are less than 5 months old  I've
got new motor mounts, all new seals and gaskets are being installed and the
new oil pump, windage tray and oil pan have just gone on. This project has
gone well beyond my original cost calculations... hence the new project
designation, 2.Ouch.

Things I need to get or install are new cams, TT 16V flavor, water pipe
(metal one that goes around the block), and hoses. I plan on getting a
transmission rebuilt with a Quaife (Ron you interested in doing a rebuild?)
but until that happens I'm going to install the Peloquin 'poor man's LSD'
when we pull the transmission off.

Once complete I turn to the paint and body... I'm finding myself thinking
about removing the 16V kit and going to something like a BBS kit if I can
get one in good condition (not planning to look for this for about 6
months) and a HID projector headlight conversion... lastly the interior
will get new front seats, rear seats will be recovered to match the new
fronts, a restored dash and headliner...

I think that covers it.

Only picture I have of the motor on my computer right now.
http://tinyurl.com/f6sb
Old intake fasteners shown will be replaced... just don't know what little
bag they are in. All those dealer envelopes look alike you know. Doh!!!

Don't think it will be ready by the ND BBQ or Dubwars but that's ok... I'm
not planning on rushing this project.

-Raffi