8v master cyclinder on a 16v

On Thu, Jun 26, 2003 at 11:15:43AM -0500, ATS - Patrick Bureau wrote:

> not a good idea, the 8v Master cylinder does not produce enought
> differential in the fluid pressure to accurately handle 4 disc brakes.
> if you are looking to replace  your 16v M/C look into remann, or look into
> 1990 G60 (non ABS) Corrado M/C.

Absolutely incorrect.  The 8v MC produces MORE pressure than the
16v.  Additionaly, rear discs do not require a MC swap.  It's the larger
10.1" front calipers that require the added displacement of the 22.5mm 16v
MC.  Incidently, there is one 20mm MC that does have a long enough stroke
to handle the 16v front calipers, 811611019Q found in the '85-'87 Audi
4000S.

Dan

		-- Douglas Adams