Leaking CPR?

There is no seal between the CPR and the block, the only reason it is attached to the block is so it can sense block heat.  You could take it off and put it on the hood if you wanted, it wouldn't work too great but it still wouldn't leak fuel.  I'd keep a fire extinguisher in the car and do some more detective work under the hood.  I've never heard of a "catastrophic" CPR failure, usually when they fail they just quit working internally with no fuel leaks.

-Rob

Cmr446@cs.com wrote:
While I was checking the fluids and poking around under the hood of my '77,
I noticed the area around the CPR was damp. So I'm guessing the block that
bolts it to the engine needs a new seal, or the CPR is about to have a
catastrophic failure.
So far this is the only sign of a problem, no drivability issues. I suppose
if I start losing gas milage would be an indicator that it's the CPR, that or
flames from under the hood.

Hmm, better make some phone calls tomorrow.

Carl
77'rocco
03Ion