best reasonably priced compression tester?

I bought my compression tester new from Sears for $25.  It's made by Actron, Sears deals a lot of their products.  It's a compression tester kit with a gauge(30-300psi), hose with two thread patterns, and long reach adapter.  I've used it on my JH several times and am very happy with it.

-Rob

Jeff Toomasson <jtoomasson@yahoo.com> wrote:
I have a JH engine that came out of the 79 ragtop which supposedly has only 15k miles on it since it was bought NEW (made in Brazil actually) - the engine is paired w/ a 15k mile FN that was rebuilt by ND and stamped such along with a sachs sport clutch (though probably 190mm).

I thought of using this engine as a base for my turbo project, but I just don't trust anything not made in Germany. Besides, I'm ultimately going to rebuild whatever goes in there anyway, so mileage shouldn't really be a concern (especially when I already have a nice, healthy JH (albeit w/ 200k)).

Before I can sell this stuff, I need to identify whether it's sound or not. I guess a compression tester would be a good tool to have anyway, but is there a VW-specific one I _should_ buy? Recommendations needed (cost is a factor, but not if what's on the lower tiers is junk...).

Thanks in advance!

Jeff (exhausting his weekly list quota and it's only Tuesday :D )