Major suspension problem

I have a 16v scirocco and when I drive at real low speed the front end
hops up and down.  Its so bad that i'm in the car jumping up and down.  I
replaced the wheels and tires and it still does it.  The tires I put on
are 195/60/14 Dunlop with 14in tear drops.  I looked at the tear drops
and they don't fit on the hub perfectly its a gap between the hub and
wheel like it needs a plastic ring to fit the gap but I don't think thats
it.  Does anyone have any suggestions on what it may be?