WOT: Bluetooth, PDA

Sorry for only posting 2 OT's this week, but I've got a lot going on and none of it is rocco related.

So I'm going to buy a PDA this week.  I will eventually use it with "Anywhere Map" GPS software, which makes iPAQ's the most attractive.  The budget for the PDA is really huge since my wife has to use up her expense account at work.

So Bluetooth is an option on some PDA's.  I've read a little technical stuff on it tonight, and want the practical skinny.  Some Q's:

1.  What is the practical use for Bluetooth in a PDA?  What can I do with it that I can't do or do as well without it?

2. If I put a bluetooth dongle on my PC, will I then have a LAN between the two?  Can I use this for wireless internet? If not, how do I get internet to my palm via bluetooth so I can check the 'rocco list from my couch?

3. What is a bluetooth ethernet hub?
3a. Can't any bluetooth device be the master or slave in a piconet with others?  Doesn't this (and the lack of cables) obviate the need for a hub?
3b. Is the bluetooth ethernet hub just a bluetooth transciever that plugs into the ethernet?
3c.

4. What is the difference between a bluetooth network and "wireless LAN"?  Wireless LAN is apparently 802.11, but what's all that mean?

I'll prolly just buy the most expensive iPAQ I can find, so I'll prolly get bluetooth in the process, just wanted to know what it's all for. I actually like the Dell Axim better, but Anywhere Map hooks up better to an iPAQ. If bluetooth totally useless, maybe I'll use eBay to trade down or just plain sell until I really need a PDA.  Expense accounts are crazy, and often stupid, things.

Thanks for any inputs, including long dissertations on the subject.

!!!!FAST, FREE AND HOT!!!!
for the best free email site on the web
http://www.aemail4u.com

Select your own custom email address for FREE! Get you@yourchoice.com, No Ads, 6MB, IMAP, POP, SMTP & more! http://www.everyone.net/selectmail?campaign=tag