ABA Distributor

I was setting the timing on my Golf today and I think I found something
that would have made the engine swap in my Scirocco cheaper.  The Golf
uses Digifant II and the distributor is linked to the knock sensor
contorl box.  I think I could have used that distributor with the TT
adaptor and gear on my ABA.  Has anyone done that?
--
Kervin
86 Scirocco 2.0 8v 4K+80% and lots of other numbers and letters