Speaking of carpet...

It's the one from the mk1. The rubber hangers for the rear deck rubbed against the rear pillars and have created very large rips that will extend themself I'm sure. I've been hesitant to put tape over it to stop the ripping because if I was to ever take the tape off, the headliner would come with it. Also, on a side note, the sunvisors have disintegrated. The plasticy material is stiff enough to maintain form, but inside you can feel powdered foam sitting in the bottom. I find it amusing, but then again, it doesn't take much.

Dan

Daun Yeagley <vwdaun@yahoo.com> wrote:

--- Dan Smith wrote:

> People talking about carpeting the trunk reminded me how
> bad the roof covering is (that leather(?) white
> covering). After 22 years of sun exposure it's brittle
> and cracked. Has anyone replaced this, cheaply? I was
> thinking naugahyde would look really sweet, but it seems
> like an extreme amount of work to pull the other stuff
> and fit the new.

I want it if you replace it - your headliner is one of the
cleanest ones I've seen if it's the one I'm thinking it is.

=====
Daun Yeagley - Wilmington Ohio
'80 S, 81 S, '85, '86 & '88 Sciroccos, 90 Passat Wagon, '56 Cessna 172
For Sale: '81 Scirocco, '82 Scirocco.
"I'm not always right, but I'm never wrong."