1994 Ford Escort Cosworth

It's all about marketing, and deciding what name might sell better. If a
car like the XR4Ti had come out in the US with a Ford badge, nobody
would have bought it. Well, nobody bought it with the Merkur badge
either, but that's beside the point! <grin>

We can't say much different in VW-land either. Rabbit->Golf, and
Jetta->Bora for reasons I don't know. I do know that they wanted the
Scirocco Mk3 to go more "upscale" and compete against Porsche and BMW,
so they ditched the name and called it the Corrado. Go figger!

FWIW, I think the European Fords are WAY COOL! Especially since they
actually have a real rally heritage. I told Katie that I'd trade the
Subaru in a heartbeat for that Escort Cosworth, yet I really don't care
for the US Escort at all.

Neal
'77 Scirocco G60
'04 Impreza WRX STi
'88 Scirocco 16v...now in the hands of a worthy new owner...but I'm
still sad