From: Dan Smith
To: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Sent: Thursday, June 19, 2003 2:41 PM
Subject: RE: coupla questions

Nope, pretty much vibration free. Although over rough stuff (like Daun's driveway), there was a lot of thunking that Julie thought was the strut bearings. I took a second look and they look brand new, although one of the metal caps (the flat peice on top of the bearing) has a slight U shape to it. They're the same rims Chuck Blue has. We have a lot of discount tire places here, I'll have to check it out. I was afraid it was going to be some expensive piece I had to order. Having 15" wheels supported by 4 dinky little bolts makes me pretty nervous though.

Dan

Patrick Bureau wrote:
sound liek your rims are not vw hub centric , what
make you got on those rims? , I knwo when I needed hub
centric rings for my ats cups I visited local disocunt
tire shop and they located a complete set for like 8$
and installed them too for free :)

this could be your problem the rims become off center
and rubs on the caliper... do you have some vibrations
in the steering while driving the car ?