16V Lifters ticking?

No worries, I knew what you were talking about.
Anyway, the reason I think it's the lifters is because it goes away after a few minutes, almost as if they needed to regain oil pressure or something.  If it was pinging at idle, I'd think it would get much worse at high RPM, but it seems pretty quick/smooth/quiet at high RPM.  I'll let you know the outcome.  Later.