Anyone installed a MK1 Zender kit?

I posted this on vortex as well.  I'm not sure there are many people
that have installed an original Zender kit who can help me.  I got one
off of ebay a while ago, and I'm fixing up the cracks and dents now so
that I can paint it and install. Its not the Z1 kit, but the original
kit with the side skirts, fender flares and the front spoiler.
There are holes along the top and bottom of the side skirt where it was
screwed in, but I'm wondering if this is how it was done originally? I'd
like to avoid having the screws visible, but it may be down so low that
nobody would ever notice. The fender flares have holes on the underside
which I'll screw into the fender lip. It also came with a whole bunch of
moulding which I beleive would isolate the kit from the body, but I'm
not sure how that works either. Perhaps some 2-sided tape instead?

Ben
81 Scirocco 2L16V EFI