ala Craigers: 5 Questions!

At least from my point of view it's not to terribly hard to do.  But that's
irrevelant.  Mostly the tools you need to swap the full linkage are

13 mm (also many other nuts and bolts on scirocco's are this size, make
sure to get many sockets and wrenches in this size.  1/2 in. will also work.)

11 mm

14mm

And a small hammer of sorts.

It will take about 1 - 3 hours to install and about 15 mins to adjust.

Jack stands are also quite handy.

You click the link at the bottom of my sig. to see a picture of it.

At 12:30 PM 17-06-03 -0700, you wrote:
>So far, I've seen Scott's linkage setup mentioned more than a few times.
Is this easy to install?  I'm new to this stuff and at this point, glove
boxes are things I can handle, but having never worked on a car before, I
am not sure I can do the mechanical stuff.  Also, I need tools.  So far, I
have a screwdriver and a pair of pliars.  :)  I do tend to be mechanically
inclined, however, as I mentioned above, I've never worked on a car.  Just
too much going on in the engine area to be easily understood.  I remember
reading through my Bentley when I first bought it, some confusing stuff in
there if you don't know what's going on (me).

>Dan Smith <sad_rocc@yahoo.com> wrote:I think you can lower the stock seats
a tiny bit by cutting the frame, bending it and rewelding. Rick Alexander
did that with seats I got from a Cabbie. Vented rotors are good, but I
think most roccs already have them. Cross drilled wears your pads down and
creates more dust, from what I hear. Stainless steel lines make a decent
difference, as does new brake fluid. For the sways, I know there is a set
of Neuspeed 22/28mm bars for sale on Vortex atm. On Ebay, there's always
new linkages for sale and new shift bushings. I'd reccommend the missing
linkz bushings and Scott's linkage setup. Missing Linkz's shifter setup has
had rave reviews, but so has Scott's and he's a lister and a cool guy, so h
e gets my nod.

>Dan
>
>Mike Smith <smithma7@yahoo.com> wrote:
>First, I need a new driver seat. What's the dificulty level in lowering a
stock seat? Would I be better off buying an aftermarket for more headroom?
What aftermarket seats are reccomended?

>Second, I need to do the breaks. I'd like to get new rotors and pads. I've
always thought about cross-drilled slotted rotors. Is this a wise choice?
What is reccomended? What will this run ($)?

>Third, I need to do something about suspension. I'd like to lower it a
bit. Pros & cons of adjustable shocks? What's will this run?

>Fourth, and I guess part of third, I'd like to do the sway bars, etc.
These, if I remember from searching years ago, aren't that pricey.

>Fifth, and I think last at this point in time (all this should give me
plenty to do), I'd like to do something about shifting. I don't mind the
throw (I'm 6'3"), but there's alot of play. Sure (?) shifters would fix
this, correct? What's reccomended?

>Mike
>'86 red 16v
>

>word (w?rd)
>interj. Slang. Used to express approval or an affirmative response to
something. Sometimes used with up. Source