ala Craigers: 5 Questions!

>From: Mike Smith <smithma7@yahoo.com>
>>
>First, I need a new driver seat.  What's the dificulty level in lowering a
>stock seat?  Would I be better off buying an aftermarket for more headroom?
>  What aftermarket seats are reccomended?

stock corrado seats sit lower in a scirocco w/o any other mods, if you're
looking for simplicity.

>Second, I need to do the breaks.  I'd like to get new rotors and pads.
>I've always thought about cross-drilled slotted rotors.  Is this a wise
>choice?  What is reccomended?  What will this run ($)?

they're expensive and not needed for most driving, imho. that being said, i
have 11" fronts with slotted rotor front and back, ss lines, and these kick
ass.  i think mostly due to the ss lines though. i have metal master pads
and like them a lot.

>Third, I need to do something about suspension.  I'd like to lower it a
>bit.  Pros & cons of adjustable shocks?  What's will this run?

adjustables are nice but pricey.  they won't lower the car, springs will.
only cons are $$ afaik.

>Fourth, and I guess part of third, I'd like to do the sway bars, etc.
>These, if I remember from searching years ago, aren't that pricey.

front and rears will set you back $2-300.

>Fifth, and I think last at this point in time (all this should give me
>plenty to do), I'd like to do something about shifting.  I don't mind the
>throw (I'm 6'3"), but there's alot of play.   Sure (?) shifters would fix
>this, correct?  What's reccomended?

scott rose has a solid shift kit that's nice, but doesn't get rid of all the
play.  a new stock bushing kit is cheap and easy to install, and will make a
big difference. there's one "hidden" bushing on the main shift rod that
isn't included in any kits and is $30 by itself. this is a big source of
side to side slop.  that being said, i have the solid shift kit, the new
bushing, the shift rod bearing, and it still isn't tight. love to know what
the hell's left...

>Mike
>----------------
>'86 red 16v
>

>word (wûrd)
>interj. Slang. Used to express approval or an affirmative response to
>something. Sometimes used with up. Source

hth,

-Michael Abatzis
Hotlanta! GA-->Soon to be New Orleans!
1988 Scirocco 2L 16v RIP-->parting, finally taking orders:
www.learnlink.emory.edu/~mabatzi/mikes_page1.html
1987 Scirocco 2L 16v...