Koni Sport Installation....

> OK, just got a new set of Koni SA's.
> I had them installed last time, just got the new
> replacement front inserts
> as the old one's just blew out.

You didn't rebuild your existing ones? Why not? They
have a lifetime warranty, and are cheaper to rebuild
even if you bought them used...

> On the instruction manual there are two things I was
> wondering about.......
> It has a photo of adding 50ml of something in the
> strut housing....is that
> oil?  what kind?

Whatever kind you have around. Heavy motor oil is
probably best. It's to provide heat transfer from the
strut through the housing to be cooled, and to reduce
the risk of corrosion and cold-welding of the insert
to the housing.

> Also it's saying not to use an impact gun but to use
> a torque wrench and an
> additional box end wrench as it looks in it's little
> cartoons for the top
> nut on the strut bearing.

I use a bad-a$$ impact gun set on "kill", myself. They
have a way of working themselves loose...

Neal