camber plates

--- Erik Seo - The Canyons Resort
<eseo@thecanyons.com> wrote:
> ok so everything i've found so far tells me that
> every camber plate for an
> a1 requires cutting of sorts?

I mounted my BSI camber plates on the underside of the
strut tower. This only necessitated the drilling of
the shock tower for the six mounting bolts.

The funny thing is, the camber plates would seem to be
better off in this setup anyway. The actual strut
bearing would apply force directly to the plate, which
would in turn apply force directly to the underside of
the strut tower. Doing it the "right" way requires the
bolts to carry the weight of the car in tension. The
only downside is that you would lose a little
suspension travel, but I have shortened struts
already, and I don't think I've bottomed-out at an
event yet.

If somone can tell me how to mount the plates on TOP
of the strut housing without increasing the diameter
of the strut hole (illegal in SP), I'm all ears...or
does everybody just do it anyway?

Neal