2.0L 8V HP was: cincy 2k+4 photo collection request /hosting - update

At 07:33 AM 6/12/2003, Dan Bubb wrote:
>This combination is good for 132 wHP @ 6200.

<snip>
Very impressive...

>I've also run the ABA with a stock head, G cam, CIS combination and I can
>tell you it has nowhere near the top end power of my current engine and the
>peak power RPM must be below 5700 although I never dynoed it.
>
>The 2.0L with stock head and G cam is a torque monster, but the head just
>doesn't breath well enough for much top end.
>
>Not trying to kick sand cause we all start with stock Sciroccos and work our
>way up the power ladder, but I'm thinking a little speedo calibration is in
>order.

I agree.  The only way to really find out what your motor is putting out is
to dyno it.  Short of doing that, it's anyone's guess:  I was at a dyno day
years ago where people insisted that TT exhausts gave them all kind of
power, etc, but then they dynoed 10hp less than my stock motor.  Ass-Dyno
unfortunately doesn't work. :(

At any rate, it takes a lot of HP to get a few little MPH in top speed.

With 257hp to the wheels in his 1.8T, Josh Ables should see about 157mph /
253 km/h in his 1.8T (without the wing of course).  He added more than 150
wHP compared to a stock 1.8 16V, and got only 34mph for his troubles.  The
15 or so wHP that you get from swapping a 2.0 16V in place of a 1.8 16V
will only get you about 7mph (11 km/h).

First thing's first though:  Dyno the car, send me the numbers, and I'll
get back to you. :-)
Jason