cincy 2k+4 photo collection request / hosting - update

At 04:40 PM 6/11/2003, Patrick Bureau wrote:
>Oh Jason I was not taking it that way, but now you got me intrigued.

Cool. :)

>well if ya get all technical on me then you tell me...

I'll do my best...

>3.67 final gear tranny 9a. and I was at 6400RPM

K, that's a 3.67 R+P and an 0.89 5th.
With a stock tire size, 6400rpm would put you right at 210 km/h.  (Which is
miraculously -- and admittedly completely coincidentally -- close to the
211 I said in the last mail...)

>maybe I need to find a cop.... he can tell me... (grin) could be worth it...
>then again I could just get a dyno...

Yeah, the cop might not be such a good idea. <smirk>
But a dyno run is always the best way to know. :)

Okay, if your car actually topped out at 6400rpm in 5th / 210 km/h, we can
estimate how much power you were putting to the ground (assuming, again,
stock tire size and aerodynamics)...

Calculation:
You'd need about 1590N of force to the ground to combat that air and
rolling resistance...  which would equal ~450Nm of force to your wheels,
which would equal ~332 Lb-Ft of torque at your wheels, which would be about
101.5 lb-ft of torque when reduced by your gearing.  101.5 lb-ft of torque
at 6400rpm = 123.8 hp.

Result:
You'd need (very approximately) 124hp @ 6400rpm to the wheels to achieve
210km/h in a Scirocco.
For comparison purposes, a stock 1.8 16V that puts 105hp to the wheels (at
5750rpm) only puts down about 86hp at 6400rpm.   (And a stock 2.0 16V that
puts 121hp to the wheels (at 5500rpm) only puts 105hp down at 6400rpm.

So my guess is that your 2.0 is running a very aggressive cam, no?
Jason