From: Allyn [mailto:amalventano@sc.rr.com]
Sent: Tuesday, June 10, 2003 2:41 PM
To: scirocco list
Subject: slight ot: factory jetta wagon 4-motion

at cincy it came up in a couple of conversations that i work with a guy that
has a jetta 4-motion wagon. everyone looked at me funny, but i knew i had
seen the thing. so... today at work i ask him about the car and he tells me
he ordered it with one of the factory add-on packages (vr6, 17" wheels,
etc). it arrived and he paid for it (17k), and thought nothing else of it.
at its first dealer oil change, the tech comes to him and asks how the heck
he has 4-motion installed. they even verified that the ecu had the correct
chip (4-motion).
so as it turns out, it was a (one time) factory mistake. vw does not and
never will make the jetta wagon with 4-motion (also, the vr6 is no longer
available in that model). the dealers cant even order them if they wanted
to. the dealership offered him 28k to buy the car back (he told them
hell-no, naturally).
some day i will take some pics of (and under) his jetta.

just figured i'd throw that out
Al