From: "Robbie Cotner" <robw_z@yahoo.com>
To: <scirocco-l@scirocco.org>
Sent: Monday, June 09, 2003 5:37 PM
Subject: rad fan won't shut off!!!(plus some rant)

> OK, my Scirocco just overheated/had the coolant boil over for the 5th time
this past WEEK.  The problem is the rad fan won't shut off, so I have to
pull the rad. fan fuse everytime I shut off the car, and since I make
several short trips a day I inevitably forget to put it in.  Know how long
it takes for an idling Scirocco to overheat without a rad fan!?  Apparently
LESS THAN A MINUTE, provided I've been driving it around previously.  OK,
now back to the problem, which is on my mostly stock '83 8v:  The rad fan
will turn on normally(whenever it gets hot), but once it's on, it won't shut
off until the battery dies.  I have removed my A/C which I've heard may be
part of the problem, but how, I don't know.  I pulled what I *think* is the
A/C relay out of the fuse box, but that hasn't helped.  Please help!