4K vs. 2H

Okay, so my recent attempts to find a decently priced 4K tranny for sale
in the PNW have been rather unsuccessful. Since I'm really starting to
miss driving my Scirocco, I've started looking in to the option of getting
a 2H instead.

My understanding of the difference between the 2H and the 4K is that the
2H comes with the early style one-wheel-drive differential, while the 4K
has the mini-lsd that can use the 80% shim kit. That, and the 3.94 vs 3.89
final drive which makes about a 1 mph difference at 60 mph. Grinding the
case a little to clear the 100mm flanges should not be a problem for me (I
think).. so does the mini-slip really make a night and day difference (or
any difference at all, especially with a 2l 16v ?)

I also believe that if I ever decided I needed the mini-slip, I could
crack the 2H open and put in a later style differential (of course; if I
do that I'm just gonna get a quaife.. sheesh!). Is this correct?

Are there any other differences between the two trannies?

Any insight would be appreciated..

Thanks,

-Toby