3A distro.. need help fast ... 4 days t'ill Ciny

Alright got myself an audi 3a distro.. Parts # 053-905-205A, and the years
88=91 the 3a distroi parts # is 048-905-205A, I serached the etka, and it
would seem I have an OLD 3A (supercedded by 048- part #)

my problem is that it would seem the foot of the distributor is bloody tight
and I am running out of time on idea what to do (short of buying a new
distro)  the distro WILL get stuck into the engine block if I try to push it
in.

Now my question is, does anyoen have another 3a distro I could get rapido
presto (ie: overnightted to me) or should I attempt to "shave" the foot to
make it fit ?

Http://www.longcoeur.com/scirocco/
'85 2.0L Prowler Orange Kamei X1 Rocco
'85 1.8L Titian Red Rocco (daily driver)
'98 4.0L Jeep Cherokee
'91 7.3L F250 diesel Super cab,8 Ft box.