FS: black 80S (mine - SF Bay Area, Calif.)

Well, my friends, it's come time to part ways with this one. Some of you may have noticed the dialog I have been carrying on intermittently over the last few months about not being able to install my ragtop into this car because it has a factory sunroof. This is the ONLY reason I'm selling it. I'm planning a near ground-up restoration and having the ragtop is one of the focal points.

This is a 1980 Black Scirocco S w/ Factory sunroof option (that doesn’t leak) and Factory NON-A/C. It has a 100mph speedo that lists 78k miles, but since S's only came with 85mph speedos, the true mileage is unknown. I will provide the VIN to those who are interested.

Performance-wise, this car is ready to go - it's not a 1.8t or anything on the cutting edge, but the car does scoot. It was only a hair slower than Mark Hausler's Mk1 (ABA, w/ Eurospec head and G-grind).

Here are the specs:

Engine:

Rebuilt RD 1.8L 10:1 block, rebuilt solid lifter head with a G-grind cam. As I mentioned, this motor is REALLY strong – I would not be surprised if the head is decked some or mildly polished.

Fox intake, 16v throttle body, Euro CIS Injection w/ Knock-Sensing ignition installed (the Euro CIS would need to be de-tuned to pass California smog).

Tranny:

Rebuilt 2Y (may either have Limited Slip Kit/Differential or Sport Clutch – grabs better than stock).  Diesel starter installed.

Exhaust:

Euro exhaust manifold and downpipe, hollowed cat, Leistritz cat-back

Suspension:

Tokico Illumina adjustables in front, Koni Yellows in back, Neuspeed springs, Neuspeed front upper and lower tie bars, 25mm front sway bar (maybe Suspension Techniques?), 16v rear sway bar

Brakes:

16v master cylinder and pedal cluster, 16v rear axle with disc brakes

Wheels:

15x6.5 Centra knock-offs w/ BFG Euro T/As (~50% tread).

Interior:

Mk2 carpet installed, scirocco 16v seats installed. Sunroof crank dial needs to be replaced. Gear mechanism and lock pins are completely functional.

Body:

Paint is in fair condition. Floor boards have ZERO rust. It also has a mk2 BBS spoiler installed and Armor Door Plates.

See pix at:

http://www.validpath.com/images/80S.htm    (thanks to Julie for getting me started! :)

The windshield is crack-free. There are only three body flaws - 1) Right rear quarter panel under taillight has been pushed in slightly (I plan to fix this before I sell it).  2) There is some slight damage to the top sill of the passenger door.  3) the hatch has a small ding right in the top lip above the Scirocco S badge. Some surface rust exists at each of these locations. I also have a mint Cosmos silver hatch if anyone's interested. Other than the ding at the right rear quarter panel, I do not believe it to have been hit before.

Things that will NOT be included which you may have seen in the pictures:  MoMo Quasars, MoMo steering wheel, MSD plug wires, aftermarket headlamps, stereo.

The car is a paint job away from being a really nice mk1. I'm hoping I can find a good home for it. Hence, I'm offering it to the list before it goes up on Vortex, Craigslist, and ultimately, EBay...  (uugghh)

I will be happy to take more pictures for anyone who's interested. You can reach me via email (preferably) or by cell phone 650.302.6777 (but please try to limit calling to between 5-9:30pm PDT).

I'm asking $1200/OBO.

Thanks for the bandwidth - Jeff