  From: Dave Ewing
  To: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
  Sent: Saturday, July 26, 2003 9:33 AM
  Subject: NHRA Nationals!

  Just got back from the NHRA Nationals qualifying round one in Seattle (actually last night but I'm still trembling from it!!!).  It is amazing what 8000 hp x 2 going down a track is like.  0 - 325mph in 4.5 seconds, etc. etc.  I took my 3 year old and we set up our chairs right along the track (on the other side of the return lane).  Got some ear plugs for the boy and enjoyed.  After awhile, wouldn't you know it, Ron Caps came to US and autographed my kids shirt!!  There was a couple with umbrellas next to us (blocking the sun) and whenever the NHRA Nitro cars would go down the track (dragster or funny car, same motor) the umbrellas would shake violently almost like there were 40mph winds whiping them around.

  All I can say is, Man O Man!!!  Words just don't describe the amazing amount of power those things put out!!  For $32 and I got my boy in for free it was well worth it and the sunburn I got.  You definately need to go if your a drag car fan of any type.  Unbelieveable!

  Dave