adjusting Ignition timing

I timed the car and its flockering.  it not a constent light.  I recently replaced my rotor, distributor cap. I was told it might be the coil so I'm going to the junkyard tomorrow to pick one up.  I'm about to get stand alone engine management but I have to drive the car for 2 months until I get it.  and I'm thinking coil too because its runngi rich as hell and I replaced the 02 sensor 3 months ago with a new one.  and a car just doesn't go from or to super rich in a day without me doing anything to it.