  From: derrickmd18@juno.com
  To: rocco16v@netzero.net
  Cc: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
  Sent: Thursday, July 24, 2003 7:15 PM
  Subject: Re: Motor swap in a 1.8 16v

  I was asking because I used to work at a Toyota dealership and I seen
  technicians have a motor down to the bare block inside the car took all
  the parts out and put them in a Cleaner tank, cleaned them and re
  assembled the motor in the same day.  and only one tech is working on the
  car.  But now that I think about it I only did one motor swap and it took
  me a week to do because I ran into problems with it.  I left a ground
  strap un bolts and did see it and I got a harness wire stuck between the
  engine and trans.  took me a week to see it and by that time the harness
  was destroyed to the point where I had to get it towed to a vw dealership
  and have it repaired.  now that I have access to a lift and being where
  as though my car is currently off the road I would think about a swap.