  From: David L. Winchell, II
  To: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
  Sent: Wednesday, July 23, 2003 2:05 AM
  Subject: Lighting Problem

  Hello All,

  First time caller, short time reader.

  I have been a member of the list for a while, but never posted. I read daily
  with anticipation of what tid bits I'll pick up.

  I have a problem I was hoping maybe some one might have the answer for.  I
  recently bought my second Scirocco.  It is an 87 16V that is for the most
  part fairly stock at the moment...  That won't last, parts are on the way...
  The problem is that when I purchased the car, the driver's low beam was not
  working... changed the bulb twice, checked the fuse... all is ok.  I used a
  test light to identify the power lead into the head lamps from the working
  light and then tracked the same lead on the one not working. There is no
  power at all in the harness as far as I could track it... simple fix, I
  jumped a wire from the passenger lead to the driver lead.  All was fine
  until last week. Now neither side low beam is working and again all is fine
  in the fuses and bulbs... anyone seen this before?  It may all be mood point
  as European headlamps are on the way.  Any help would be appreciated.

  Thanks,

  Dave

  1987 16V Scirocco
  1992 Accord LX