cam, camber and kumhos

I had the morning off so I was putting some stuff in place for my cam install next week.  Well, I put my new cam in the passenger seat of the golf I've been working on.  I guess I need to find the leak in the Golf because there is now some rust on the cam. :(  I put some Vaseline on the lobes and bearing surfaces.  I hope it will make everything OK.

I put on my new tires - Kumho Supra 712.  I did a little research into what tire would work well for me.  What won me over was the two "free" rc racers that are now on the way to me from Tire Rack.  The tires are too new (50 miles) for me to see what kind of grip I'm going to have.  I made the mistake of putting a wheel on the scale.  G60 wheel with a 195/50/15 34.5 pounds.  I then weighed a Tarantulas 175/70/13 and that was 29.5.  Hmmm, maybe I'll put the 13's on for my street races.

I went from 1/2* camber to 1*.  With the new tires, it makes the car feel kind of loose.  A little like a RWD car.  I just hope my tires don't wear too quickly.

It's nice to have a extra car around.  It will give me a chance to take my time when I fix stuff now.  I hope everyone has a great weekend!  Thanks for reading my ramble.