Spark Plugs - pre ignition issue

How much blend is in the fuel? Straight gas or 10% methonal what?

Bradley Peet <btpeet@effervescent.com> wrote:Hey, Ben. I'm surprised you're having an issue with detonation considering
the 93 octane gas and somewhat conservative factory ignition timing. I'm
running 36 degrees of advance now on my 16V with approx 9.3:1 CR and 92
octane pump gas and no pinging at all. I'd crank the timing up more if I
could but I'm maxed out right now due to my crank position sensor.

Sounds like you are right on the threshold, though, and -- I know it's
frustrating -- but 2 degrees of timing should not be a night and day
difference. Is there any possibility the timing is not set where you think
it is or the advance is somehow too aggressive?

Good luck.

Bradley
s16v.com

---