1.6L Diesel Turbo on a 1.8L???

Will it work?  Depends on how much time and money you have.  Best donor
head is a crossflow, it gets the intake manifold the hell out of the way
of the diesel manifold and turbo.  Stock intake requires clearancing, and
you have to flip the turbo and clock the compressor.

The stock 1.6TD turbo will put out enough boost to launch your 1.8 head
into orbit with stock head bolts (I've seen guys put down 20-22 psi)

One of these years I'll try it, when I get an X-flow head cheap (read:
free.)

Drew