Body work tips

At 03:26 AM 7/23/03 +0000, Julie Macfarlane wrote:

>I finished a big chunk of work this weekend and its the first time I can
>actuall post a How To Tip!
>
>http://www.menloparkrandd.com/SCIROCCO/nose/index.htm
>
>Is it easy? NO! several days later and I still hurt, but the car loves me
>even more  :)
>
>have fun guys!
>

>Julie Macfarlane
>Menlo Park Research & Development
>Internet Application Developer
>www.menloparkrandd.com
>www.montgomeryweb.org
>Amsterdam NY

Great job Julie.  I'll be doing something similiar on the inner fender on
mine her soon.  As far as
my outer fender I'm throwing on a new one.  I notice you didn't mention
anything about panel
flangers.  Is that because you didn't want to use one or are unaware of
there existence?   Seems
to me that having the panel flanged might make it a little easier to do,
stronger joint in the end and
easier to finish off.

John C. Worden
Bucksport, Maine

'98 Dakota 4x4-
'86 Scirocco 8V-
'81 Scirocco 2.0 16V -
'78 Scirocco Brazil Brown Metallic,  4 speed.
'89 Polaris Indy Deluxe