Turbo guages?

Thank you very much for the details. Where can I find such gauges?

dan

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ryan H" <rhock99@epix.net>
To: "Dan Zaharia" <dan@zappmobile.ro>
Cc: <scirocco-l@scirocco.org>
Sent: Monday, July 21, 2003 9:57 AM
Subject: Re: Turbo guages?

> Sorry, Exhaust Gas Temperature.  Based on how your car is running (rich,
lean, etc.), your exhaust temps vary.  A cool exhaust temp (relative terms,
each car is different in exact numbers) could mean you're running too rich,
while hot would be too lean, and too hot means your car is about to join the
"I ran over my own crankshaft" club. (Usually, turbo cars only) ;)
> Using a stock 1.8T's numbers would be a good starting point.  Then when
you're tuning, shoot for those numbers and you know you'll be in a safe
running range.  Course, numbers aren't everything so don't just rely on EGT.
HTH!