A couple of 8v Q's

I have recently been road testing my 79 1.6 8v in order to bring it to DD status. The only mods are stripping of most of the excess vacuum lines- including the carbon canister, a Hall sender dizzy, and I replaced the fuel dizzy with the one from my 84 GTi. It sputters when I give it part throttle, but clears up when at full throttle. The problem did not change when I switched to the electronic ignition, and the vacuum lines and intake boots appear to be in good shape. Ignition timing is spot on. I was wondering if the injector seals might cause this. I did not hook up the oxygen sensor yet, for the frequency valve, so maybe that has a negative impact also.
My next issue is with the intake manifold. I have a digi Fox manifold and Audi 5k TB, again from the GTi, would that work good or be too much for the 1.6?
Any and all comments welcome, tia.  Jeff