[Re: Odometer gears???]

This is exactly what I just did, we'll see if it worked, I'll install it
tomorrow morning. That gear was slipping so much I just assumed it was
supposed to, of course on looking at it, i realized that it drives the
numbers, doh. So it's burred, and hopefully will hold. Thanks, i did use
Foxx's page, it was great! Cathy

carvsdriver@msbx.net wrote:
> If the little red gear is still intact, then it is probably the shaft that
runs through all the numbers that is slipping on the metal gear at the end.
You can take the shaft out (make sure you remember what mileage the car is at
so you can put all the numbers beck correctly) and then burr the end where it
goes into that metal gear.  When I did this 40k miles ago on my car, I also
added a tiny bit of super glue along with the burring, and it has held since.

> Also be sure to read foxx's page (link was posted earlier) on this which is
much more detailed than the description I just gave.