What tranny fluid instead of Redline MTL?

One of the main reasons I chose the Valvoline full synth is because it's for 'extreme temps' (down to -50F, though they didn't say the top limit). Delivering pizza when it's 90+ out really heats things up and in winter when it gets to -15 or 20 at night, my gearbox feels like it's filled with cold molasses. So, the comfort of knowing it's meant to withstand harsh temps swung my choice from the regular Valvoline at $2.99 a bottle to the synth stuff at $7.99 a bottle. While I know many of you would put liquid gold into your cars if it was the best stuff for them, I'm a bit more, ah...frugal.

Dan
P.S.- I have no problem with people dumping tons of money into their cars and would do the same if I could, but with my budget, I spend the money where I think it would most benifit and since changing tranny fluid sucks, I figured the good stuff was the way to go.

ATS - Patrick Bureau <txrocco@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
Well I used to used Valvoline Syntech, and after recommendations from German
auto, and this list I am using Redline right now..

I can tell you one thing.. at the next oil change , I am NOT putting redline
back into it, its very Thin to my taste, slippery has been used by a couple
of people here, but I fear the density of the redline oil is not up to par
against valvoline or even purple power Syntech oils.

Redline MTL = 70w80 GL 4
Penzoil Gear Plus = 80w90 GL4 & 5
Royal Purple Max Gear = 75w90 GL4 & 5
Valvoline Syntech = 75w90 GL4 & 5

My question is , why is all gear are w90 and higher and MTL is w80?

MSN:ATSGTX@hotmail.com |YAHOO:ATSGTX@yahoo.com
ICQ:32918816 |AIM:Texasscirocco